Allowing ourselves the space, time, and energy to be still physically and mentally can be difficult. It is easy to fall into the ritual of the hustle and bustle of daily life and routine. Practice these 10 ways to decompress to reset, refocus, and recenter.
1. Read a book – Taking time to relax and escape to another world, taking your mind off your busy to do list can be relaxing and fun.
2. Exercise – Moving your body is a great way to shake the stress, release that energy and stress out of your system. Plus, it gives you some quiet time.
3. Listen to music – Listening to your favorite music can be relaxing and sometimes motivating.
4. Massage mani/pedi, relax treatment – A little self-care can re-center and ground yourself.
5. Meditate / deep breathing / progressive muscle relaxation – Focusing on intentional breathing is a great way to reset and release stress. Feeling the tension and stress leaving your body from constricting and releasing your muscles is a great way to decompress.
6. Manifest / positive talk – Speaking to ourselves in a positive manner and speaking things into the universe can be uplifting and encouraging. Give yourself the love, positivity, and motivation you give others.
7. Vent – Speaking to someone you trust and are comfortable with reduces the stress and provides support
8. Make lists – Writing down what you need to accomplish and visually seeing your goals helps organize your thoughts and get organized
9. Sleep hygiene / rest - Getting up to 8 hours of sleep and taking 20 min naps, every now and then, can recalibrate the mind and body
10. Take breaks / disconnect - It is good to step away for a mental health break, everyone deserves a break to reset, refocus, and recenter.